Mastrovich Dental Update Amidst the California Covid-19 Response
As always, first and foremost we are caring for our patients (our dental-family) and our community during this time of addressing the Coronavirus in our country. For the safety of our patients and our community, and following the California Dental Association’s strong urging for all dental offices to voluntarily suspend non-emergency dental care, we have been closed since March 18th and continue to wait until California dentists are able to return to non-emergency treatment. Of course, we are available for dental emergencies for our current patients.
If you are a current patient and experiencing a dental emergency (including pain, swelling, infection, tooth fracture), please call 760-741-6650 and follow the prompts.
Please check back often for updates on the re-opening of our office, as circumstances are fluid and changing.
If you want to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please text or call 760-741-6650 and leave a detailed voicemail with your name and phone number and request.
If you are feeling sick, please call us to let us know you will need to cancel your appointment and reschedule once you are well.
We always prioritize wellness and especially so in this time of the coronavirus pandemic. As a ‘soft’ re-opening, we will begin by scheduling the procedures with the least amount of aerosol, as we add new protective coronavirus cleaning protocols to the CDC procedures we have continuously employed. Thank you for your patience during this unusual time as we keep our focus on overall health for our patients, team and community.
All of our team continues to follow thorough hand washing techniques and other best practices from the Centers for Disease Control (see below). Our office always has offered strategically placed large antibacterial dispensers, and we have added additional dispenser locations. We have also communicated additional cleaning requirements and increased frequencies for janitorial purposes.
CDC Health and Safety Recommendations:
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth when you cough, and be sure to sneeze into a tissue. Be sure to throw your tissue into the trash and wash your hands immediately after.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a disinfectant cleaning spray or wipes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
Because the health, well-being, and safety of everyone who comes to our office in any capacity is a high priority, we continue to monitor the latest information from local, state and national health officials to ensure our precautionary measures and operations are in line with their recommendations. We continue to update our precaution and cleaning protocols as the local and national authorities issue updates.
We know that we will get through this together and we join you in care and concern for all who have been directly and indirectly affected by this.
Yours in the interest of better health,
Dr. Charlie (aka Charles Mastrovich, DDS)