Dear Mastrovich Dental Family,
We are fully re-opened, which means we are now rescheduling our hygiene, crown, and filling appointments that were canceled due to coronavirus closure!
While we now have more than one patient in the office at a time (while utilizing spacious distancing), entering continues to be one at a time, to allow for coronavirus screening. As shared in our June 6th email and website blog, we have implemented many additional protocols to protect our patients, team and community, not the least of which is our screening of every individual prior to entering the practice (team, patients), vital protection for the team, patients and community.
Patients can expect to experience gowned dental hygienists, dental assistants, and Dr. Mastrovich in the procedures that generate airborne particles.
We have re-designed our patient flow:
- Patients still enter, one at a time, through the door marked “Suite A” and after screening are escorted directly to their treatment room, and then are again escorted from the treatment room after their appointment, to the newly re-engineered check-out station in the Dr. Mastrovich’s lecture classroom portion of the building to then exit via the door marked “Suite B”
- The classroom has been reconfigured to allow for distanced waiting for check-out (single chairs more than 8’ apart) if the exception should occur
Patients with appointments that had to be canceled during the complete state pandemic closure for dental offices can expect us to be contacting them to reschedule those appointments.
Patients can expect to experience gowned dental hygienists, dental assistants, and Dr. Mastrovich in the procedures that generate airborne particles (for example, dental hygiene cleanings, crown and filling appointments).
- We utilize Hypochlorous Acid in a fogging machine to kill any possible air particulates of coronavirus, virus, bacteria or fungus in each treatment room after treatment procedures (and through the entire office and open spaces in multiple intervals throughout the day)
- Implementing staggered staff and patient schedules to provide additional distancing and minimize overlapping arrivals and departures
- For example, appointments with one hygienist begin at 8 am, and with the other at 8:30, and Dr. Mastrovich’s begin at 9 am
This means that appointments scheduled ahead for August and the fall can expect communication from us about the need to shift the appointments to allow for this distancing.
Mastrovich Dental is here for you and we understand that patients have different timing preferences. Please feel free to call our dental office and leave a voicemail anytime to reschedule appointments to a later date or to schedule as soon as possible.
What to expect moving forward:
- Patients with appointments that had to be canceled during the complete state pandemic closure for dental offices can expect us to be contacting them to reschedule those appointments
- As it will take time for us to contact each of the patients with those appointments (beginning with those from March 17th and moving forward), please feel free to contact us, as well
- We noted the recent World Health Organization announcement that to date there have been no cases of coronavirus transmission via a dental practice
Mastrovich Dental is committed to quality, safety, and your satisfaction. This great photo shows how we are practicing social distancing protocols with our staff as well and this is how we were recently distanced for lunch.
We would like to thank you again for your continued patience during this unusual time, as we keep our focus on overall health for our patients, team, and community.
Yours in the interest of better health,
Dr. Mastrovich and the Mastrovich Dental Team