Dr. Mastrovich presented on Implant Occlusion, Occlusal Schemes, and Dental Implant Retrieval at the Annual Meeting for the Academy of Osseointegration in Los Angeles, California.
At this meeting, Dr. Mastrovich spoke to over one thousand dentists on the topic of “Implant Occlusion and Occlusal Schemes: What We Know What We Think We Know What We Do Not Know”. He informed the dental professional attendees about the subject of implant mechanical rescue and his dental implant retrieval cases.
An overview of Dr. Mastrovich’s topic objectives included:
- How to recover components safely and efficiently.
- Implant Mechanical Rescue (IMR) and “I married the results”, so why did the screw break?
- What is the etiology of failure? Goal: decrease failure through improved treatment planning
- Implant Occlusion and Occlusal Schemes: a link to implant or prosthesis failure
- What we know: muscles of mastication (dynamic force engine) + class 3 lever system = occlusion (delivery system)